Monday, December 14, 2009

Guess That Drabbler: 4 Authors, 100 Words, 1 Theme, & 1 Guess.


Holidays



Today's Drabbly Babblers


Drabble #1:

The Christmas tree twinkled with tiny white lights. Crouched beneath it, Renesmee distributed the gifts with deft tosses—except Emmett’s.

His hit the wall with a smash.

“Sorry, Uncle Emmett. You said nothing gets by you…”

Bella giggled. Carlisle guffawed. Everyone was laughing except Emmett, who prodded his wrecked gift with a finger that came back black.

“Coal!?”

“Guess you weren’t a good boy,” Rosalie murmured.

Alice retrieved a box and handed it to Emmett. “Don’t worry. This is the real one.”

I pulled Bella closer and smiled at Renesmee. I needed no box. My gifts were already beyond measure.


Drabble #2:
“Look, mistletoe!” She danced happily beneath the tiny branch of white berries. It swayed in the breeze as it hung from the red velvet ribbon. Her delicate fingers tugged the sleeve of his tailored dress shirt, bringing him to stand beside her.

She looked up at him with ingenuous love, “Kiss me!” Her zeal contagious, as the snow swirled around covering the angel impressions in the alabaster powder.

“Anything for you my sweet,” he smiled. Brushing the wisps of hair from her face, he raspberried her cheek educing a cacophony of giggles.

“Merry Christmas Grandpa Carlisle.”

“Merry Christmas, my Nessie.”


Drabble #3:
He stands in the doorway, anxiety dripping from his fingertips. He tugs at his sweater and looks around, running a hand through his hair.

The tree is overdecorated as always. Stockings hang on the wall nearby – green, gold and red – and gifts wrapped in bright paper are piled beneath it. There is another box – a smaller one – in his pocket.

The ring is simple, white gold, and will be hers.

He taps his foot to the rhythm of a holiday tune and feels her fingertips on his elbow.

"Hey, Bella," he whispers, and his eyes flit upward, toward the mistletoe.


Drabble #4:
She types as I try not to stare at her tight sweater.

“What’s your favorite holiday, Peter?”

Personal information, that’s good. Maybe, I have a chance after all. What will impress her?

Valentine’s Day? She’ll know that’s a lie.

Thanksgiving? Too sentimental?

St. Patrick’s Day? Nah, drinking holiday.

“Christmas. I’m a giver.” Maybe a little too suggestive… “What’s yours?”

“Eh, don’t have one. I just needed to make you a password reminder.”

Fuck. Try again…

“Wanna take a break?”

“Nah, I want finish this assignment,” she says. “I have a date with Jasper later tonight. You’re friends, right?”

Double fuck.


Think You Know That Drabbler?


11 comments:

  1. Bwahahah this was great! Two out of four ain't bad.. and I got my girly Ahizelm right so .. BONUS! Sweet Dulcinea was easy after all the Peter tweets flying back and forth the last few days ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Yay, Boo, you know me so well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly, I read entirely too much fic, since I got four out of four. But this is so much fun! I love this new feature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus Christ, I got my own wrong. Bwahahaha. Ass

    ReplyDelete
  5. So,yayyyy! The Drabble Scramble begins... The next topic up is a "Resolution" on 12/28.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Legna, I can't believe you got them all right!

    I got, um, mine right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad people seem to be enjoying it so far =) Thanks for playing, peeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was fun! except i suck. i only got #3 right.. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got two out of four...go figure, I knew AHizelm's writing :P And I didn't even beta that! Ha. Love the new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang! I only got Sweet's right. Because of the PBJ lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES!!! Four outta four...

    I rock.

    This is a kick! Such a good idea, ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Spread The Word