Monday, August 24, 2009

Author Interview: birdee18





1. What inspired you to write this particular story?

I honestly think it was divine inspiration that led me to write What Happens Tomorrow. I just got the idea one day and started writing. I couldn't even tell you how I came up with it. Then I started receiving reviews and PMs from people who have experienced the same things Edward is going through. They told me how realistic my story was and how they could relate because of their own experiences. I've even been told that the story is therapeutic. I can't believe my little story has touched people so much. That's why I truly believe that someone bigger than me is the driving force behind this whole thing.

2. In general Edward is a character that is generally always in control and strong, has it been difficult for you to write this particular version of him, or do you find it easier?

It's actually been quite easy for me to write Edward in this story. In the books he's always been a bit self-loathing and has felt like he wasn't good enough for Bella. I'm trying to convey the same thing in WHT. His disabilities make him feel like he isn't worthy of Bella's love. Bella, of course, loves him no matter what. I think it's the same feelings that SM writes, but they're just in a different context.

3. What scenes if any have been the most difficult for you to work through?

This is going to sound crazy, but I have a hard time writing the happy scenes in this story! The angsty parts come very easily. I'm not sure why because I'm generally a very happy person.

I did have a rough time, though, with the breakdown scene in Chapter 8. It was difficult for me to put Edward in such a vulnerable position, but it was something that needed to be done. In the end, I was pleased with the way it came out.

4. Do you have plans for other stories after this one?

I do have two other stories in the planning stages. One is going to be another angst-filled ride. The other is my version of Renesmee's birth in Breaking Dawn which I think you'll find quite entertaining. Seriously.

I've recently posted a one shot that's a parody of the song "Play That Funky Music." I rewrote it as an ode to Edward!

5. Would you ever consider writing an AU vampire story? If so would you follow SM’s version or would you come up with your own twist on it as well?

I'd love to eventually write an AU vampire story. I'd combine SM's canon and character traits with my own twists and turns. It would have to be a comedy, though, because I don't know if I could write a serious vampire story. As I said earlier, I'm a pretty happy person, and I love to laugh. Somewhere deep inside of me I feel that Twilight: The Comedy is itching to get out!

2 comments:

  1. OMG i'm so hooked on this story its amazing!!...Another good one i gotsta rec is Edward Masen: Hitman...ugh, Assassinward is just too sexy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Birdee and I love this story. I can't wait for her to start her version of Renesmee's birth. I know that is going to leave me in tears from laughing so much.

    ReplyDelete

Spread The Word